Sunday, April 11, 2004

Wells to NL: Take my pitches, please

Everybody's talking about taking pitches:
"With me, guys are going to take pitches until I throw a lot of strikes," Wells explained. "If I were scouting me, I would make me throw strikes and prove that I can throw a lot of strikes. Until I do, they can wait me out a little bit.

"They may not necessarily get any more hits off of me or put any better swings on the ball, but just getting my pitch count up will get me out of the game quicker. With that in mind, I've got to continue to throw as many strikes as I can."

Kudos to Ed Eagle of MLB.com, who got the quote in his wrapup of Saturday's 3-1 loss. The Pirates clowned around the basepaths again and continued their hitless streak with runners in scoring position.

No comments:

Post a Comment