Sunday, April 11, 2004

Mac on job security

We've heard this before, and we're hearing it again. Mac again:
"Look, I told my players, and I'll tell you the same thing. Playing time is based on performance," McClendon said. "It's that simple. I don't see any faces. I don't have any favorites.

"If you produce, you play. If you don't, you sit next to me."

The new question mark is Chris Stynes. He'll always have value as a defensive replacement. If he is going to hit like a defensive replacement, let him be one. Rob Mackowiak was decent at the plate in limited play last year. Let Mack press Stynes and take away his job if Stynes can't come up with some hits.

In other news, it was good to see Boehringer called in for a little mop-up in Friday's loss. Meadows, Johnston, and Torres appear to be the top set-up men going into Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment