Monday, July 31, 2006

Trading update

Dejan Kovacevic has more than I can summarize. Names include Sean Casey, Roberto Hernandez, Kip Wells, Joe Randa, Craig Wilson, Jeromy Burnitz, John Grabow, Ryan Shealy, Bill Stoneman, Miguel Tejada, Alfonso Soriano, and Salomon Torres.

Will Carroll notes that interest in Casey has fizzled because of his strained oblique.

Rob Rossi describes Casey's Pittsburgh days in the past tense.

Earlier on Sunday, Peter Abraham, beat reporter for the Journal News, wrote on his blog that the Pirates "snoozed" and "lose" in the talks with New York.

I wondered for a moment if the Trot Nixon injury would not ignite some Boston interest in Littlefield's favorite player, but then I remembered Trot is the lefty and the Bosox already have Wily Mo Pena.

For the very latest buzz, Ballbug is a cool Memeorandum-style bot summary of baseball news. I'm not sure when this launched, but I'll be checking it often on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment