Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Tuesday links o' plenty

Here's what I just read in my one hop on the internets today. In no particular order.

Josh Fogg and Craig Wilson signed. Fogg got $2.15M, reports Joe Rutter. With incentives, I see in Kovacevic's report. Dejan Kovacevic also reports that Craiggers got $3M. Wow. Less than I expected, in both cases. Mackowiak may go the distance with the process. I can imagine the conversation. Pirates; You are a utilityman. Mackowiak: Not-uh. Pirates: You are a utilityman. Mackowiak: How many utilitymen manage 550 plate appearances? Pirates: You are a utilityman. Mackowiak: I am a starter. Etc. etc.

All hail Dick LeBeau. And another toast for JC, who put that link in the comments. More in a moment, maybe.

...okay, here's more. At Baseball Prospectus the anonymous Bucco writer talks smart about salary numbers. Def. worth your time, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment