Monday, November 15, 2004

Steeler JV wins in Cleveland

That is the accurate-enough theme of Ed Bouchette's report.

Butch Davis is toast. The Browns could lose out, or at least that's the impression I get from the great modern historian of the Brownies, Terry Pluto. Jeff Garcia doesn't sound happy, either.

Boller was decent in the Raisins' comeback win in New York. Both those teams are among the eight competing for a playoff spot in the AFC.

The Bengals dominated Washington in a game the Redskins should have won. If you can't win the non-division home games against non-playoff-caliber teams, well, then you can't win much at all. The Bengals now have my attention and not because they wear a new funny uniform each week. (On Sunday I expect them to come out with full Bengal-print bodysuits.) Winning leads to winning and the Cincinnati team has won two in a row.

In other AFC news, what has happened to the Titans? In my mind, I've always grouped Cowher, Wannstadt, and Fisher together. I expected more from Fisher's team this year. Wannstadt's current employment situation has me wondering if Fisher is also near the end of his tenure. We all know that before this season people were starting to question Cowher's future.

No comments:

Post a Comment