Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hot-weather Jose

I learned a lot about life and baseball playing fantasy baseball fairly intensively in the late 90s and early 00s. One thing I learned, and one thing I now remember, is that Jose Hernandez does not hit well in cold weather. I even recall him saying something to that effect in a published report somewhere.

Is this true? Are his hot-weather/cold-weather splits dramatic? Does he still talk like he's not The Man for 40-degree baseball?

... ok, so lots of players don't like playing in cold weather. Back in I think 2001 and 2002 there was some bitter cold weather in the midwest into May, and Hernandez was not starting those seasons strong. Still, if he made that comment back when he was with the Cubs or the Brewers, it may not have been all that signficant.

No comments:

Post a Comment