Saturday, April 08, 2006

Oh and six

Six games under, in my mind, is pretty much six feet under.

The starting pitching has been shit. Casey, Wilson, and Castillo look as good as I hoped and expected. Randa and Burnitz are looking busty. It's too early to panic about them. If I'm Tracy, however, I'd shamelessly ride Craig Wilson's hot bat.

The pitchers should be better than this. And the bullpen too. But maybe not soon. Bad pitching tends to beget bad pitching; tired pitchers are rarely good pitchers. And they are, more often than fresh pitchers, guys getting injuries. There are going to be many sore arms over the rest of this seventeen-game stretch. A few rainouts would help. Otherwise I expect Jim Tracy will be requesting fresh arms from Indianapolis. He can't slag the arms of our young starters on the excuse that they need to save the bullpen.

No comments:

Post a Comment