Saturday, April 08, 2006

My Steelers Tea Set

I recently had a birthday (thank you, thank you) and my favorite gift was a box set of Steelers champion beer mug, coffee mug, and shot glass. Rowdietta - now 4 - chose it for me. She knows the Steelers logo on sight (how could she not?) though she won't remember the Super Bowl--she slept through it, curled up in the Morris chair on top of me.

This boxed set made perfect sense to her. "Look Mom!" she said in the store, "a Steelers tea set!" It was her choice of gifts for me.

Anyway, just a word of advice for younger fans: stockpile your XL gear before it's no longer on sale. Terrible towel, t-shirts, mugs, etc. It may seem hokey or overdone now, but take it from me--it could be another ten years before the Steelers make the Super Bowl, and it could be another twenty-five before they win one. Them's a lot of years. While I doubted it would take so long, I wore thin my Steelers: Super Bowl XXX t-shirt.

The coffee mug is already my mug of choice, narrowly eclipsing this one in overall customer satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment