Thursday, March 30, 2006

Joel Pineiro for Craig Wilson?

Dejan Kovacevic reports this rumor for the PG.

My reaction: Hey, that Pineiro guy used to be good!

Not sure what he's done lately.

... so I do a little research and I find this by Jim Moore, writing for the Seattle Post-Intelligencer:

How many will miss Joel Pineiro next year? Another question: Are the Mariners really going to trot this guy out there again this season? Combined, he's 13-24 with a 5.15 ERA the past two years. Personally, I love this guy, too, but have a hard time watching him pitch anymore. With the millions he's making, Pineiro should be a hell of a lot better than he is, and it's perplexing why he's not because we all know he once was.

And then it hits me, I know what happened to him: He's Kris Benson! WTF? And we're going to trade for him?

Then I remember ... Seattle ... that city hates Pittsburgh!

I smell a trap. Don't do it, DL!

No comments:

Post a Comment