Thursday, January 12, 2006

See the Ballgame with Google Earth

Zoom in on PNC Park and you see a game in progress. Looks like the late innings of a Pirates day game and, from the size of the crowd, I'd guess the Pirates are getting clobbered. There's a man on first and a right-handed hitter at the plate.

Heinz Field looks worn and still shows the paint from a Pitt game.

Google Earth is finally available for Macs, which is why I'm just now using it. Go get it. I don't have the link handy, but I'm sure you could, uh, google it.

...Looking at the other stadiums, I find people in Citizens' Bank in Philadelphia. Looks like four or five guys standing around home plate. Game also in progress in Yankee Stadium. Curiously, Petco is not even built yet in Google's satellite photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment