Saturday, November 12, 2005

Sunday night

Come early, bring food, and get frisked!

Ben is still on the bike, so Batch will start again. In other news, Farrior will rest his MCL for another week. Clint "Buddy Lee" Kriewaldt will play the buck in his place. Duce will likely play instead of questionable Bettis and Parker. Porter is probable. Tuman is questionable. If I were a gambling man, I wouldn't bet much against that 8 point spread, but look for the Stillers to enforce their will and win handily.

...Rowdy: Steelers cut Willie Williams to have a second tight end today. This is great news. Williams is a class act, but lately when I've seen him on the roster I've wondered how much longer it would be before the Steelers would have a young secondary good enough to not include him. Now we have Deshea Townsend, Ike Taylor, Ricardo Colclough, and Bryant McFadden all playing well.

...they should broadcast the Steelers in Navajo. I would buy that for my iPod.

...speaking of iPods, time for the Pirates to set up an mp3 podcast of Pirates' games. If they will stream it over the internet, they will surely put it on their iPod. I know that if I had the 2005 season, in mp3 format, I might be listening to a game right now instead of listening to this Miles Davis "All of You."

If I could automatically download an mp3 of a game while syncing my iPod in the morning, I would listen to last night's baseball at work on days without day baseball. The league and owners should think about that.

I could easily wake up and avoid the final score long enough to listen to the start of a west-coast night game. With a huge mug of coffee. I would so do that.

I'll put that on my to-do list for the offseason, right below 1. Arrange for sale of Pirates to Mark Cuban.

2. Arrange for podcasting of all Pirates games.

No comments:

Post a Comment