Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Colborn named pitching coach

Read about it here.

"[Jim] and I feel we have unfinished business," Colborn told the Los Angeles Daily News. "Jim and I work together very well, and pitchers look good sometimes because a manager agrees with his pitching coach on how to use them ... He allows me to have my own program and supports me and makes me feel like I am appreciated and respected." In other news, another ex-Dodger coach, Jim Lett, has agreed to be bench coach. And Tracy wants the Pirates to play like the Cardinals:

"It's so intriguing to watch how [the Cardinals] go about their business. It's baseball the way it's supposed to be played. It's such a methodical beatdown if you allow it to happen."

Being a Pirates fan, I don't find methodical beatdowns very intriguing anymore. But all hail the new coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment