Tuesday, October 11, 2005

All hail the O line

From today's TMQ:

Best Purist Drive After the Clock Struck Midnight: Trailing 22-21 at 12:07 a.m. Eastern, Pittsburgh took over on its 38 with 4:36 remaining. Rather than go pass-wacky, the Steelers staged a classic clock-management drive, running seven times and passing just thrice. The result was both the winning field goal and the scoreboard showing 10 seconds left, so the host Chargers could not reply. You just don't see many modern teams running up the middle when trailing late in the fourth quarter, and last night -- rather, this morning -- Pittsburgh did so to perfection.

Easterbrook is a blogger at heart, I think, for lots of reasons probably not worth going into.

Sometimes I love his writing, other times I hate it.

On the subject of football writing, I also say this: Man I miss Hunter S. Thompson.

No comments:

Post a Comment