Monday, August 15, 2005

All hail back-to-back road series wins

And all hail Jason Bay. How long had it been since we won a series in Houston?

A gambler friend of mine offers this rule: if a good team loses to a bad team, bet on the bad team to win again the next day. Everyone thinks no way they lose to them again, but usually, they do just that.

I was skeptical and wanted to see the math when he told me this. With the Astros streaking and due to face first Chicago and second Milwaukee, I admit that's what I thought when we snuck out of dodge with the series win.

For some reason I doubt the Astros would give a playoff start to Wandy Rodriguez.

This preseason game is getting a little silly. Somewhere, fantasy players are snagging Nate Washington off waivers and high-fiving themselves mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment