Monday, April 04, 2005

Pirates lose

Some quick postgame thoughts, and I'm out of here.

First, I would have liked to see the game managed like it was a playoff game. These early games are that important. Rather than bring in Rick White, I bring in one of my top relievers and keep the game close. The team has tomorrow off; it's not like there was any need to save Torres or Gonzalez. And who gives a damn about saving them for the end of the season if the start of the season fails to make the end meaningful.

Second, the Tike-a-mania move didn't look good today. Why? Because we lost, and because Tike didn't have a big day. I respect the manager for going with an unconventional move. And I think it makes a little sense - it's not complete idiocy. All that said, the team lost. If Mac sticks with the Tike-a-mania lineup and the team continues to lose, that's not the good kind of perseverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment