Monday, April 04, 2005

Game 1: Brewers at Pirates

I had a dream. Last night, in my sleep, Daryle Ward hit a two-run homer to tie the game in the ninth. The Bucs entered the inning down four. The next hitter, some bench scrub that's not on the roster, some reserve middle infielder, hit a home run to left to win the game. It's not often that I watch baseball games in my sleep. In ye olden days, dreams were taken for prophecy; these days we regard them as a random behavior of a self-cleaning brain.

Whatever. If there is a lot of scoring in today's day game, I expect it will come in the later innings after the aces are out of the game.

...Ollie throwing strikes from the start. Beautiful day. I'm drinking a beer and watching the game. Use this thread if you want to talk about the game as it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment