Saturday, September 25, 2004

Football game postponed

No makeup date yet.

We're looking at Monday or Tuesday as a best-case scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if they blow it off and then see about making it up later in the season. The teams don't share a bye so they'd have to move more than one game to match them up on a day that was a scheduled bye for either team. The league could also cancel the game completely. I doubt too many people at the league office regard either team as a likely playoff contender.

I'm just speculating, but the fact that the game was postponed with no make-up date makes me think Monday and Tuesday aren't looking too attractive right now. I'm disappointed because I love to watch football games in inclement weather. But I'm grateful I'm not in Florida and I send my best wishes to all those who call it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment