Monday, May 03, 2004

Quotes of the day

Robert Dvorchak collects some good quotes in his Pirates report:
"That guy's Randy Johnson. I didn't know who he was. I had to look him up and saw he came in the [Brian] Giles deal. He's filthy." -- Geoff Jenkins on Oliver Perez. (Jenkins struck out twice and had a two-RBI single off Perez last Saturday.)

"The hardest job in baseball is a bench player, and it's certainly difficult for a young player." -- Lloyd McClendon

"I know my time is coming. When it comes, the world is going to know. Now that I'm here, I'm going to stay here. When you don't play, you have to work harder." -- J.J. Davis

Quotes from other places:
"Hey, if he keeps hitting like that, he can grow it all the way down to his knees if he wants. It's gotta be the hair." -- Lloyd McClendon on Craig Wilson's hitting

"Who's Fabio?" -- Craig Wilson, in response to the taunting he received in Milwaukee

Here's the photo of the day: a nice shot of Wilson's mane.

No comments:

Post a Comment