Monday, May 10, 2004

Mondy takes the money and rests

Breaking news says Mondy will take the rest of the year off. Mondy's quote to AP:

`I won't play another game this season. I can't concentrate well enough to play baseball. I don't want to become a distraction for the team. This is the best for the Pirates, for myself and my family...I've played 20 straight years of baseball all year round. I deserve a rest even if it's only a few months. Today I took my children to school for the first time in my life. It was an amazing feeling.'

Have fun with the family, Mondy. Good luck supporting them in a few years when you're out of work and begging Carlos Rivera for that watch you bought him.

Meanwhile, back on Earth: Wells vs. Elarton tomorrow - favorable matchup to stop the bleeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment