Sunday, May 09, 2004

Growing up

Five straight hurts, but note the silver lining:

RV rebounded nicely from the first inning Green jack: 'I threw the pitch I wanted to against Green,' Vogelsong said . 'I wanted to go inside on him and he still got to it. It's one of those things where you just tip your hat to him...I felt I learned a lot about myself tonight on the mound. I think I grew up a lot tonight. The rest of the night I was just trying to locate my pitches, trying to keep the ball down.' After the jack, RV two-hit the Dodgers for 6 innings and left with the game tied. Nice work RV.

In other good news: Mac finally acknowledged that Craig has earned the right to play everday. And the 20 inning scoreless streak at PNC is over, thanks to Tike's first jack of the year.

Of the loss Mac said:'This hurts. Certainly we had some opportunities to push that go-ahead run across and couldn't get it done.' I don't know if I'd call Nunez and Tike vs. the Beast (73 for last 73) 'opportunities' but the pain is real: The Dodgers have pistol-whipped us at PNC, taking 12 of 14.

Fogg vs. Odalis Perez today, could be a tater-fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment