Saturday, April 24, 2004

Roethlisberger

Works for me. Ron Cook nailed it yesterday, didn't he. I don't see why you need to use a #1 pick on a guy who should be handing the ball off 2 out of 3 plays, but I do understand that you need to get top value for your picks. The Browns paid too much to move up one pick to get Winslow (this will not play well in Cleveland: bwa-hahahaha). So OK, the price for the Steelers to move up to get that top OT was much too high and they were looking at this QB or an OL that evokes comparisons to Jamain Stephens. It's pretty clear they played their hand as well as they could with that first pick.

Here's another thought. How many area restaurants will have a "Roethlis Burger" on the menu a year from now?

The "'Burgher" jokes will be endearing too.

...second round ... with the burger we get a Colclough (COKE-lee) ... I wonder if there is a Fryes out there for the third round ...

...damn, Ben wore black and gold to the event today:

Also, Roethlisberger had the presence of mind to wear Steelers colors -- a black suit with gold tie -- to Madison Square Garden for the Draft.

"Yeah, no one knew I was going here. But I knew. I thought I looked good in black and gold," he said.

Duh, Ben, everyone looks good in black and gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment