Wednesday, February 13, 2008

We will evaluate

In this Dejan Kovacevic building blocks column, Neal Huntington explains how he is a sober, reasonable person. Not a lot to get out of this except, I guess, that the new bosses talk a good game, at the very least.

There was a time when I thought Littlefield would work out and we know how that ended.

Somewhere in there he talks about the analogy of the duck. What does that mean? At first I thought he was referencing the blind men and the elephant, where each mistakes the one part visible to him as the whole. But I thought about "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." In that context he appears to be saying, "if we look like a team that did nothing . . . "

I am also glad to learn that the new GM sleeps well at night. Sleep is really important, and I have a hard time respecting people who brag about how little sleep they get as though it's evidence they work really hard and are good at their jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment