Monday, May 29, 2006

Pirates 14, Brewers 3

That's the best kind of victory in my book: beat the snot out of the other team. I tune out people who cavil about wanting to see a close game. No victory too big I say. Run it up.

The best of all possible games is the one where they other team plays really well. The pitchers throw squiggly darts, the outfielders make leaping grabs, and still the Pirates knock six balls out of the park and win 14-3. I want the other team to play well, you see. It's not as fun to score your 14 runs against a demoralized and bitter opponent who, you know, hands them to you.

Either way, this night rocks. It's especially good to get this kind of workout on Doug Davis, one of my least favorite rivals.

Matt Capps still has a few outs to get, but I'm confident the bullpen will hold this 11-run lead. Lots of gold stars to go around after this win.

Bones is right, tonight's lineup is a credit to Jim Tracy. I'd like to see the same lineup tomorrow - unless it's a righty, then I'd start Burnitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment