Friday, April 14, 2006

Wiggy update

From the comments in the previous thread. If you don't read the comments to this blog, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good. First, skeptic tank:

I am outraged that the Pirates let go and received nothing for a guy who is absolutely on fire for another team so far this year. He's batting .300 with an OPS of 1.116. He has four homers. And he has a fu-manchu and would look really good bowling over opposing team's catchers. I think he goes by the name of Wiggy. Remember him?

Soup:

It looks like they're using Bones' Wiggy-centric playbook for him, too.

Bones:

Wow. Great picture, Soup. That's what I was talking about. If we still had Wiggy we could have had Gerut take some reps at catcher in practice (with Wiggy running the bases of course). You know, since Gerut's gonna have surgery anyway.

My apologies to those who had to read that exchange twice, but the comments do not go out on the feed, and haloscan does not archive our comments, and some things are too good not to share and preserve.

All hail Wiggy. Best of luck to him in Tampa Bay. He sucked for us, yeah, and he'll probably suck for them, but here's hoping.

More than once I've wished for the "Wiggy hook" this season. In fact, it may be all I think about as I watch our starters failing to get the ball across the plate. Man, I wish they could throw strikes.

Bones note: I miss Wiggy. Didn't think I'd ever say that. But all the learned helplessness is effectively combatted by the primal joy derived from watching one of our guys clean somebody's clock every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment