Saturday, March 25, 2006

Nate McLouth

More and more I expect he'll be the opening-day centerfielder. Duffy's just too far behind at this point, and his comments - I forget where they were - about his lack "of adrenaline" did not inspire confidence he'll recover quickly.

Ed Eagle asked the coaches about McLouth for this piece.

... all hail Google. There's no excuse for losing recent news stories these days. The Duffy quote that's stuck with me is this:

"For some reason, last year I played spring training like it was the season," Duffy said. "I had like an edge, like I had a chip on my shoulder. ... This year, I don't feel like I have the adrenaline going. And the thing is, I didn't want to treat it like that. I'm like, 'Whoa! What is this? Where's the adrenaline?' But I know it's there."

And it's from Paul Meyer's March 21 notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment