Saturday, January 21, 2006

Steeler superstitions

Story here. This one is the freakiest:

"Now this is going to sound disgusting," said Johnny Schmidt, 31, of New Matamoras in eastern Ohio. And he's right: Besides not eating or going to the bathroom for the entire game "under any circumstances," he leaves the same rub of snuff in his mouth for the entire game.

Without spitting.

He spit during the game when the Steelers lost to the Denver Broncos by one point in 1989. He's not spitting Sunday.

He knows his habit is unhealthy and he has kicked it except for game days. "Right now it's borderline making me sick because I have quit and I don't want to do it any more. But there's no way I'm screwing with it."

If I'm doing my math right Johnny started this when he was 14 years old. Good luck, Johnny.

No comments:

Post a Comment