Thursday, December 15, 2005

Steeler running backs

Ed Bouchette reports that Staley will not dress again, most likely.

Of the guys they got, I like Parker the least. He reminds me of Amos Zereoue. Shifty Steeler third-down backs have a way of making a big splash and doing little with full-time work. I think he'd be more effective as a third-down back.

Jerome Bettis is great as a pinch-runner. He can't start -- well, not if you want to use him again a week later.

Staley's the one I'd like to see healthy and getting twenty touches a game. But he won't dress.

The question I have: why not Verron Haynes? He's never had a chance to be the feature back, and I think he'd come up big if they ever gave him most of the carries. Until Staley is ready, I'd like to see him as the primary ball-carrier, Parker as the third-down back, and Bettis as the pinch-runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment