Saturday, October 08, 2005

Interviews set

Paul Meyer reports the Pirates will interview Macha tomorrow and Tracy on Monday. Or vice versa. I just read the article, and already I forget.

If I ran the circus, I'd want to know who these guys would bring along to fill the rest of the coaching staff. If there is such a thing as a coach or a manager who can make a huge difference, I figure these coaches are much more valuable to small-payroll teams than they are to large-payroll teams. Roger Clemens and Alex Rodriguez don't need coaching. Kip Wells and Jose Castillo need coaching.

So I'd want to know, who is the best and brightest, Mr. Macha and Mr. Tracy? Who would you hire? Who could you hire? What would they cost, and why are they worth so much money?

If the Pirates merely hire a skeleton crew of inexperienced or league-average coaches, then I suppose they fired McClendon and cleaned house for nothing more than a cheap publicity stunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment