Saturday, August 27, 2005

Reader review of Oliver Perez's start tonight

Brian writes:

I went to the Indianapolis Indians game tonight against the Columbus Clippers to see Oliver Perez pitch..

Here's his line:

1 2/3 pitched, 7 hits, 6 earned, 2 walks 0 k's 1 wild pich, 1 hit batsmen, 2 homeruns

Needless to say, he had no control and very un-Oliver like velocity. He was topping out at 91-92 and just getting punished.

Even the outs were hard hit.

I left after the third inning, but from what I saw Jose Bautista is quite a player. He made at least 4 plays over there at 3rd tonight and one of them was a diving stab of a line drive that stopped the bleeding for Oliver. He also had a hard hit single and didn't look overmatched at all.

Craig Wilson looked pretty good out there in the field and while he didn't get a hit while I was there, he did draw two walks.

Ronny Paulino looks like a big league catcher back there too. He handled Oliver's wildness pretty well (His control was TERRIBLE) and you can tell he is a leader on that field.

That's all I've got - If you have any questions about anything else I saw - let me know!

All hail Brian. Thanks for the report.

No comments:

Post a Comment