Friday, July 01, 2005

Game 78: Pirates at Brewers

Eight o'clock, Mark Redman and Tomo Ohka.

All hail Mark Redman for the I-want-to-play-in-Pittsburgh comments. This was unexpected and I'm not sure what to make of it. He is a good fit.

Zach Duke tomorrow. We can't have too many left-handed starters. Here's John Perrotto's report on the call-up. Perrotto touts Duke as BA's top prospect. Since Perrotto writes that column on the Bucs for Baseball America, shouldn't he write, " Baseball America I rated Duke as the Pirates' top prospect coming into this season"?

New Pirate-related historical marker.

Ollie's in the boot. He's still pouting:

"When you get mad, you don't think about anything," Perez said. "You're just angry."

He goes on to say that everyone loses control when they are angry. I'd say yes, when they are four years old. Does this guy need anger management classes? I hate to kick a guy when he's down, but to me it looks like this is related to his performance on the mound. If he wants to make a gazillion dollars and win championship rings, he's going to have to learn to take a little off and control himself when he's so full of emotion.

Dejan Kovacevic reports that Zach Duke is clicking away on his laptop. I'm hoping that he's not emailing Carlos Zambrano every few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment