Friday, April 22, 2005

Game 17: Pirates at Cubs

Sweet, beautiful day game. First pitch 3:20pm. I will need help from Rowdy Jr. to catch this one. Mark Redman at Greg Maddux.

We discussed the Alfredo Amezaga waiver-snag a bit in comments. News that he's Humberto Cota's childhood friend somewhat explains it to me. But I'll still go with my gut response - looks to me like the Bucs are preparing to trade away a middle infielder. Or preparing to put one on the disabled list for a long time. It signals the need for a player, or the anticipation of a need for a player. It reminds me of when they put Ronny Paulino on the 40-man roster.

I see rumors out there that the Mets, like everyone else, covet our left-handed bullpen people. If the Bucs are going to trade with the Mets, I hope they get Victor Diaz.

Enjoy the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment