Sunday, February 13, 2005

XM radio, DirecTV Extra Innings, MLB TV

This comment thread just discussed getting the Pirates on your TV if you live outside the Pittsburgh area.

I prefer baseball on the radio to baseball on television for lots of reasons I won't get into here. I've done enough ranting about television on this site to last at least another year or two.

Every year I subscribe to the radio broadcasts from MLB.com. I enjoy surfing the different broadcasts when the Pirates aren't on the radio. Does anyone have any experience with the XM radio deal? It looks to me like you can listen to all the broadcasts of all the games. Is this the same thing as GameDay audio, with (I hope) better sound quality? Are the commercials muted as they are in GameDay audio (a feature that I love)? Is this on the same service that carries all the football games? What else do you get with XM radio that's worth the coin?

While we're at it, is there anything else to add or ask about the Extra Innings or MLB TV packages?

No comments:

Post a Comment