Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Frame it

Reckless Jack.

Rob Biertempfel tells the story of that drinking-room trophy:

Second baseman Ray Durham got the relay throw about the same time Wilson was rounding third. The throw to plate got there well ahead of Wilson -- and he knew it.

"I was pretty much toast," Wilson said, grinning.

"I was there," Pierzynski said. "My arm was pretty much right across the plate. The guy made a great slide."

Wilson twisted his body slightly to the right and swiped his hand across the rear left side of the plate, avoiding Pierzynski's tag. Umpire Bruce Dreckman was right on top of the call.

"It was good that the throw beat me, because I was able to see where (Pierzynski's) glove was going to be," Wilson said. "He dove back and I avoided his glove with kind of a 'Matrix' type of move."

Words fail me. 83 wins, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment