Saturday, August 07, 2004

Bucco at-bat music: Bo Diddley night

Many thanks to Eddie Harkins for his hilarious reminiscience of former Bucco at-bat songs. I confess I never pay attention to the music when players are coming to bat - well, I'm sure I hear it, but it's a part of the game I don't think about much.

While we're on the subject, the craziest thing I've learned is that some of the players select their own music. What are they, strippers? (Link is safe for work.) If I ran the show, there's no way I'd let them pick their own sorry music.

I've been giving the matter some thought as I swill wine and prime the bedroom with some of this crazy stuff with its crazy fumes.

If I could do the music for the team, I'd go Bo Diddley. None of this everybody gets a different band shit, it's Bo Diddley or go home. Help me out here. Jason Kendall could lead off to "Who Do You Love?" Jack Wilson follows with "Don't Let It Go." With a man on, Jason Bay or Craig Wilson can bat to "Bring It to Jerome (chorus is "Bring it on Home"). New papas such as Rob Mackowiak: "Say Boss Man" ("got nineteen kids at home gotta eat / eighteen of 'em need shoes on their feet") Little Bobby Hill could appear to "You Can't Judge a Book by its Cover," Tike Redman to "Roadrunner." Young Jose Castillo: "I'm a Man" since he's almost grown up, and Randall Simon could pinch-hit to "Before You Accuse Me (Take a Look at Yourself)."

If we don't win on Bo Diddley night, maybe we could try B.B. King night. When Mac comes out with the lineup, we can play "Help the Poor." You get the idea. Every night would have its own consistency.

That said, I'm not sure I'd really notice the difference seeing as I was barely paying attention in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment