Friday, July 23, 2004

Games 94, 95, and 96: Acevedo, Harang, and Claussen

G'damnit, five back again. If the Bucs lose tonight and slide to six back again, I'll pull some of my hair out.

The Reds send some of the usual suspects to the mound in this series.

Acevedo is a little guy (for a pitcher) who is pretty close to leading the league in home runs allowed. The only thing holding him back is ineffectiveness; he trails only Matt Morris, Eric Milton, and Greg Maddux in HR allowed.

Aaron Harang has been pretty effective since we saw him last. He's a huge goon who doesn't strike out lots of guys. Craig Wilson should be happy to see him.

Brandon Claussen is a 25-year-old finesse lefty the Reds got from the Yankees. He has pitched seven good innings. New to the league, he could have continued success as hitters try to figure him out. Fans attending Sunday's game are in for a treat since they'll be able to compare Sean Burnett against comparable rookie starters.

I doubt I'll be back until Monday, but those doubts mean little since a week ago I was doubting I'd be back before the end of the month. Let's go Bucs.

No comments:

Post a Comment