Friday, July 30, 2004

Boston likes Rob Mackowiak

John Perrotto reports that Boston has its eye on Rob Mackowiak should their deal for Jay Payton fall through. (Thank you, Rotowire, for the alert. Beaver County doesn't post their articles as early as the other sources.)

This is verry interesting since the knock against Wigginton (for me at least) is that he does more or less the same things that Rob Mackowiak does. And I like Rob Mackowiak and I think we need a potential starter and not a potential starting stop-gap/super utility guy.

Mackowiak should be eligible for arbitration with his service time. I have no idea what he would command. Wigginton came up in May of 2002 so he should be eligible for arbitration too, based on the little I know about on the subject. Wigginton is playing his 26 season; Mackowiak is playing his 28 season.

Remember folks, we only see the tip of the iceberg. We don't what, if anything, in these reports is true. And we know there are things we don't know. And we don't know how much we don't know. (Do I sound like Donald Rumsfield?)

For all we know, Baltimore has been making discreet inquiries about Randall Simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment