Saturday, June 05, 2004

light rain at the Belmont

Or so says weather.com. I don't have the TV on so I don't know what we can see there.

Am I reading this right - is Smarty Jones now at 1 to 9? Bet 9 win 10? You're insane to take those odds. Even at 2-5 it's not a smart wager.

My hunch is that Smarty Jones is not going to win. Purge appears to have fallen out of favor, prob. because of the rain and the sand and the long run. I'm going to back off the wager I proposed early in the week. All the total domination talk scares me and I can't believe Smarty Jones has a better than 50-50 chance of winning against eight other very good horses. Even the Devil Rays beat the Yankees sometimes.

Here are my wagers then: Eddington and Rock Hard Ten in a $2 exacta box ($4). $2 on Tap Dancer, Royal Assault, and Master David to win. That's ten bucks hedged against the possibility Smarty Jones can't do it.

I'll root for Smarty Jones, of course. It would be great to see him do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment