Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Steeler links a-blazin'

Here's what I found on the internets.

First a word about registration. If you are one of those people who has trouble reading different papers because you aren't registered for many, or hate to register for them, visit this great site and thank me later.

Dolores Block of Shaler won 33 grand because the Steelers scored 33 in that win against the Giants. I used to work at a bar that was said to sell more Rolling Rock than any other establishment in the country. I love the stuff cold, in bottles, in the summer. When I lived in London I read a review in Time Out that said the beer tasted like "hay." Uh, yeah. British people.

Looks like Hines Ward will be on Wheel of Fortune.

Jon Gruden will root for the Steelers in the playoffs. I understand the bias. If you coach the Bucs, it must be hard to not like the Steelers too.

The Browns want Russ Grimm. Of course they do.

The team nutritionist appears to be a big fan of Weight Watchers. Note to Daryle Ward: call her. Offer a cut of the raise you might receive for 2006.

Ben Roethlisberger is rich. File that under "D" for "Duh."

Alan Robinson, football writer extraordinaire for the Associated Press, writes up Jeff Reed, who is good. I'm generally shocked that sports teams don't spend more time and money educating their players against superstition. I'd start by making them memorize the definition of the word.

This was yesterday, but I missed it then. Michael Wilborn of the Washington Post predicts good things for the team in the playoffs. For some reason, none of the talk like this unnerves me this time around. It's kind of like reading articles that say the sun will rise in the east tomorrow.

One last link. The Steelers and "slumping Pittsburgh" have made the Christian Science Monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment