Sunday, May 14, 2006

McClatchy lies again

My two cents on today's stinkbomb from McClatchy:

First off, I'm pissed, as it sounds like that %#$* @!&% hasn't been reading my mail. Then there's this quote:

"My only thing with Mark is ... since I've been in sports, it doesn't matter if it's baseball or basketball, there's always been sort of a professional courtesy given to other owners. You all know that what you do is difficult, so you don't criticize each other."
That's funny. KM has forgotten about his rant to DK last winter:
"I think, as we go toward a new agreement, there's going to have to be some form of constraint because these guys can't control themselves," he said. "I know it sounds a little harsh, and I'm criticizing my other owners, but that's the way it is. I'm tired of other people affecting the marketplace and making it more challenging for small-market teams."
Or maybe he's just a bold-faced liar. Which would dampen any enthusiasm we should have over him saying "I don't think I'll own the team in 15 or 20 years".

Anyone know if there's any truth behind Smizik's rumor from last week that "Kevin McClatchy has hinted he might want to sell after the All-Star Game"?

No comments:

Post a Comment