Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Buyers and sellers

Guess what -- the Astros will be buyers this July.

I think the GMs are gaming the whole buying / selling talk. Everyone trading will posture as a "buyer." That's good PR I suppose. When I say I think the Bucs should buy, I mean I think they should deal prospects for what they want. That they should relieve some team of its best hitter and send enough shiny kids to please that team's local media. A roster only has so much room for young players slumping in and out of strict platoon situations.

FWIW, the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles are high on Kip Wells. Kip may be the exception to what I just said. He'll fetch more in trade than Zach Duke or Ian Snell, I'm pretty sure, and I'd just as soon see what one of those guys can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment